World Expo (part 1)
11:37 PM |

As you all know, the World Expo has began. Actually it began a month ago but I was too busy to update my blog about the World Expo, so pardon my "lag". Anyways, so the World Expo kicked off on the 1st of May with an explosive start. Literally. If you don't believe me just watch this video:



See what I meant?
The mouth-gaping 10 minute fireworks display is not all, the opening ceremony of the World Expo had other various colourful performances contributed by not just China, but countries all over the world, signifying the main reason for this event-unity amongst all nations. Indeed, it was an eye-opener and a visual treat for all those who mange to catch it on Television. I was no exception, unwilling to miss such a huge-scaled global event.

In my opinion, the opening ceremony reflected China's prosperity and was even better than the opening ceremony of the last mega event China hosted, the Beijing Olympics, showing the nation's constant growth and improvement. However, only time will tell whether it reflects the success of the actual event itself or not; due to the recent economic crisis, many countries are short of funds and are unable to build lavish pavilions for the event to showcase their culture. Even superpowers like the United States are hardly able to come up with anything up to standard due to a shortage of funds. Greece was a particular example. Due to a failure in the country's economy and the collapse of their currency, Greece was unable to come up with anything more than a painted rectangular building, hardly enough to showcase its rich history which dates back even to the Stone Age. Furthermore, many people are unwilling to visit the World Expo due to the complaints of long queues and the sweltering summer weather.

Despite these, I believe the World Expo would still be a successful event and China and the world's efforts would not go down the drain. I would be visiting the World Expo during the June holidays, so stay tuned for part 2!


Happy Holidays everyone! :D


I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know you mean more to me than what I know how to say