World Expo part II
5:14 AM |

Well, so I have been to Shanghai and have visited the World Expo. How was it? I only have 1 word to describe it:

PEOPLE



Yes, fortunately or unfortunately. Need I say more? The Expo grounds were filled to the brim, or maybe even more, with people and where did those people go? Yes, to the pavilions, so now you have virtually all the queues to the pavilions completely taken up. It is no wonder that a Chinese politician made a joke saying that the World Expo is nothing but for bored people to kill time by queuing. Due to the overwhelming crowd, I regret to say that I have only visited a mere 8 pavilions, a drop in the ocean and I did not even visit the Singapore pavilion. However, I did visit the "untouchable" China pavilion. As its name suggests, people have to queue or even camp for hours before even granted mere entry to the pavilion. However, I feel that it was worth it (not just because of the fact that our tour group was granted instant access to the secondary queue). The pavilion did indeed exhibit China's superior technology and economy through the bombardment of cutting-edge modern facilities and exhibits, the manifestation of the country's prosperity, and needless to say, the pavilion alone was enough to make my day through its interactive and fun features.

I also visited the less well known corporate pavilions situated at the other bank of the river and wanted to visit the Coca-Cola pavilion, partly in order to get a bottle of free coke, but my spirits were dampened by the relentless queue. However, I did enter an aerospace pavilion which was still quite entertaining despite its small size.

Overall, I feel that the 2010 Shanghai World Expo has been a successful event so far and I would have thoroughly enjoyed it....

....If not for the overwhelming number of people.


I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know you mean more to me than what I know how to say